THE EUROPEAN BRAIN COUNCIL (EBC)
Dr. Kristien Aarts
“The European Brain Council (EBC) is a non-profit organisation gathering patient associations, major brain-related societies as well as industries. Established in March 2002, its mission is to promote brain research to improve the quality of life of those living with brain disorders in Europe.
165 million Europeans are living with a brain disorder, causing a global cost (direct and indirect) exceeding 800 billion euros for the National Health budgets. EBC’s main action areas are:
- Fostering cooperation with its members organisations
- Promoting dialogue between scientists, industry and society
- Interacting with the European Commission, the European Parliament and other relevant international institutions
- Raising awareness and promoting education on the brain
- Disseminating information about brain research and brain diseases in Europe.”
EBC is involved in WP6 – Clinical guidelines, policy, and dissemination, and will organize a public event in Brussels for an audience of brain stakeholders (policy makers, researchers, industry, clinicians and patients).
EBC declares no conflict of interest in PRIME.